The Australian Pedorthists Registration Board (APRB) is the manager for Certified Pedorthists in Australia.
Each year Certified Pedorthists must maintain professional development requirements as well as work log requirements.
The APRB is a national self regulatory body whose primary purpose is to protect the Australian public who receive services from Australian Certified Pedorthists.
We ensure that certified members are accountable to the highest standards of practice through our certification of members and facilities, the monitoring of continued competency and the enforcement of ethical conduct.
Objectives of the APRB
The APRB are to administer and regulate as one national body on issues relating to and concerning the following:
1. The protection of the public receiving foot related services from a Certified Pedorthist.
2. Certification and Re-certification of Certified Pedorthists as per the Criteria For Certified Pedorthists.
3. Accrediting and re-accrediting and removal of accreditation of training facilities and testing of Pedorthists in Australia
4. Monitoring, improving and upholding codes of conduct or ethics and other guidelines and codes within its scope and as approved by the Pedorthic Association of Australia (PAA) Board of Management.
5. Allocation of CPD Points to certified Pedorthists.